Monday, April 21, 2014

Bonus Info: Improv Drum Solo #4 (1st Two Camera Shoot)

Pretty much all the drum an audio stuff is very similar to what it was in this previous post about my Toxicity drum cover: Toxicity Drum Cover Bonus Info

What was different with this shoot was the camera setup. This was my first attempt at a multi-camera shoot. I used my two Nikon DSLRs: a D3100 with the kit 18-55mm lens, and a D7100 with the 50mm f/1.8 G. If you can't tell which shot is which the front view is the D3100, and the side view is the D7100. Looking at the final product I should have probably used the D7100 for the front view, so I could use the better lens on the weaker camera. The obvious difference in video quality between the two shots is somewhat least to me anyway. lol

I didn't use any time code to sync everything, I just went around the room hitting record on everything, then lined up all the tracks and edited the video together in Sony Vegas.